To promote academic research, the School of Law has effectively encouraged faculty members to carry out academic and educational research through increasing funding and beneficial policies. Consequently the School of Law has reaped rich achievements regarding teaching and researching activities and raised its influence among scholars.
The School of Law has attached considerable importance to teaching and research of theoretical law and public law. And two of its programs, i.e., legal history and administrative law, boasts topnotch academic prestige and first-class teaching and research capability. The School of Law has now a staff of 112, including 98 fulltime teachers, 29 professors, 45 associate professors, 50 PhD candidate supervisors and 110 postgraduate supervisors. Among the professors there are senior experts well known home and abroad, scholars with overseas study experiences, legal practitioners proficient in practice and familiar with theories, as well as many knowledgeable and well respected middle-aged and young leading scholars with a serious attitude towards academic research in the legal circle.
● Performance of major national research projects.
● In terms of professional academic research, the Law School has published over 100 academic monographs, over 60 textbooks and over 1000 articles, and conducted over 100 research projects at ministerial/provincial level and above.
● Regarding educational research, the Law School encourages teachers to do research in this field. Teachers have taken part in dozens of projects relating to teaching reforms on various levels and published several articles on teaching reforms.
● Consolidated four series of academic lectures: ‘academic saloon of the School of Law’ Series, ‘Rule of law and Acquisition of knowledge Ancient and Mordern’ series, ‘Experts at Legal Research Frontiers’ series, and ‘Constitutional Law’ Series, to promote academic exchanges
● Hosting large international academic Conferences and Seminar, and Promote academic exchange and cooperation home and abroad.